ACAI BERRY (Superfood)
Pronounced uh-sigh-ee, this superfood is loaded with antioxidants , in the form of anthocyanins, that boost your body’s energy and ability to focus, while fighting cancer and heart disease. It’s also one of the few fruits with oleic acid—the same heart-healthy fat in olive oil,” Their protein and fiber will also keep you feeling full making the Acai berry (or powder) a weight fighting superhero.
· Immune system booster
· Detoxifies the body
· Improves cellular health
· Has anti-aging properties
· Improves mental function
· Improves vision
This spice is named for its aroma -a combination of the spice scents including cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg. Among several purported benefits, allspice components may help ease digestive problems, reduce pain, fight disease-causing pathogens and improve circulation.
Nutritionally the avocado leads all other fruits in beta-carotene and even exceeds the banana in potassium. It contains more protein, potassium, magnesium, folic acid, thiamin, riboflavin,
niacin, biotin, pantothenic acid, vitamin E, and vitamin K per ounce than any other fruit.
Avocados are also considered one of the healthiest foods on the planet because they contain in
excess of 25 essential nutrients, including vitamin A, B, C, copper, iron and phosphorus.
Avocados also contain fiber, protein, and several beneficial phytochemicals such as beta-
sitosterol, glutathione and lutein, which may protect against various disease and illness.
These green gems are loaded with heart-healthy fats that will keep your skin glowinig and your tummy full longer.
· Improves cardiovascular health
· Aids in digestion and helps regulate blood sugar
· Master antioxidant “glutathione” boosts immune system and keep your nervous system healthy
· Increases collagen production
· Avocado contains vitamin B6 and folic acid, which help regulate homocysteine levels. High
level of homocysteine is associated with an increased risk of heart disease. Avocado also
contains vitamin E, glutathione, and monounsaturated fat, which help in maintaining a
· Lower cholesterol levels- Avocados are rich in a compound called beta-sitosterol which has
been shown to be effective in lowering blood cholesterol levels.
· Control blood pressure- Avocados are also a great source of potassium, which helps in
controlling blood pressure levels.
· Anti-Inflammatory properties- Phytonutrient compound found in avocados, such as
polyphenols and flavonoids have been found to have anti-inflammatory properties, thereby
reducing the risk of inflammatory and degenerative disorders
· Promote eye health- Avocado is an excellent source of carotenoid lutein, which known to
help protect against age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
· Regulate the blood sugar levels- The monounsaturated (good) fats in avocados can reverse
insulin resistance which help to regulate blood sugar levels. Avocados also contain soluble
fiber which keep a steady blood sugar levels.
· Prevent birth defects- Avocados are rich in folate, a B vitamin commonly known as folic
acid. One cup of avocado provides about 23% of the recommended daily value of folate. The
high amount of folate in avocado is essential in the prevention of birth defects, such as neural
tube defect and spina bifida.
· Reduce strokes risk- The high levels of folate in avocados may also protect against stroke.
· Protect against cancer- Many studies have shown that avocado can inhibit the growth of
prostate cancer. The oleic acid in avocado is also effective in preventing breast cancer.
· Fight free radicals- Avocados contain glutathione, a powerful antioxidants that helps fight
free radicals in the body.
· Anti-aging properties- Being rich in antioxidants, avocado is beneficial in preventing aging
symptoms. The glutathione in avocado may boosts immune systems, slows aging process, and
encourages a healthy nervous system.
· Cure bad breath- Avocados are one of the best natural mouth wash and bad breath remedies.
It cleanses the intestine which is the real cause of coated tongue and bad breath.
· Increase nutrient absorption- Avocado intake is linked with an increased nutrient absorption.
· Skin Care- The avocado oil is added in many cosmetics because of its ability to nourish the
skin and make your skin glow. It also aids in treating psoriasis, a skin disease that causes skin
redness and irritation.
· Weight gain– Avocado has 200 calories for 100 grams. Typically, fruits have
approximately 60-80 calories for 100 grams. Due to the high amounts of calories, avocado is a
best diet for people who want to gain weight. Avocado is a healthy source of calories, unlike
many other calorie-dense foods that may contain excess saturated fats and sugar.